Monday, July 5, 2010

Veloce Hats: A Trend Worth Shouting About!

Happy summer, everyone! I know it's been summer for a bit now ... but to me, it's only just starting to feel like it. For instance, I'm cooped up in my 82 degree (Farenheit) room right now, sweating bullets. Ah! Just a reminder (or a news-flash, I suppose, to those who don't already know!): I have another blog where I write and post random things (mostly) unrelated to fashion, if you want to check it out! Just click here!

Anyway, back to what I was saying. In my opinion, you can't go through the whole summer without at least one trusty hat to keep the sun from scalding your face. I just wanted to let you all know about one of my new discoveries, Veloce Hats!




Flip-up hats are hugely popular right now, and Veloce Hats are selling a ton of them in all different colors. The concept behind Veloce was conceived by Cameron Picardi, a 19-year-old L.A. native. Cameron drew his inspiration from the melting pot Los Angeles provided him. From Venice Beach, to downtown he found ideas all around. His idea was to mix two styles of hat; the 90’s styled volleyball cap and cycling caps. The result of this is a fun, eye-catching hat that can be worn from dusk til’ dawn. The name, “Veloce” was selected for it’s meaning. Veloce is an Italian word, when translated it means “fast” it’s purpose was chosen for both irony and literal meaning, in addition to Cameron’s initial description of it, “When I see it I just think to myself…wow that looks fast haha!” Literally it pertains to the fast pace life of L.A. and ironically it’s used to remind people that sometimes everyone should take a break from the fast pace L.A. life. The Veloce hat was designed to be versatile, aesthetically pleasing, as well as durable. When Cameron was designing the hat, he imagined something that could be worn by anyone; from beach bums, to urban hipsters. After settling on the design, he moved on to the color palette, he chose bright & vibrant colors that would stand out. His final hat is a not only a product for mere utility, but a bold piece that makes statement. From the beach to the streets it’s a fresh alternative to the everyday baseball cap, or as Cameron says, “Zee best hats!”

What a fabulous concept! Veloce Hats are very well priced, and they're selling quickly. I myself am in love with them! Nothing beats a bright neon hat to add character to an outfit. Do you like them, too? Check out more here!

In other news, I've been given an award by the lovely Jenny of Jenny's Open Closet. Thank you so much, Jenny! It's called the lovely blog award.



Here are the rules:

-Post the award on your blog.
-Link the person who has given you the award.
-Pass the award to 15 other blogs you've discovered.
-Let these 15 people know that you've given them an award.

And here are the fifteen blogs I've chosen to pass the award onto!

1. FASHIONconfectionairy
2. I Know, Right?
3. La Vie ... J'aime
4. Pretty Exquisite
5. Tangerine Umbrellas On An Indigo Day
6. The Red Hiney
7. The Stylish Wanderer
8. The Other Girl
9. Take Me Away,
10. Qin At The Disco
11. I See JaneMary.com
12. Elevated To Be Special
13. Chic Heroin
14. (always)alanna
15. Childhood Flames

It was hard to pick just fifteen! Thank you all for inspiring me every day. Alright, go get a tan. Or something. And if you live in a place where it doesn't get hot for the summer, enjoy it for me ... because right now, I'm wishing I was someplace freezing! Ta-ta for now!

10 comments:

  1. You are so sweet- thank you!!

    Hope you had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awhhh mercii merciii!

    One love,
    Jowy
    www.iseejanemary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun colors on those hats!

    Congrats on your award!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  5. those hats remind my so much about the 80s but i prefer to see them on boys then girls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the award and thank you SO MUCH for passing it along to me. :) I love your blog too!

    And I never got the chance to thank you for the giveaway! I am so excited I won. It made my week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don Hardy was a distinguished writer, painter, publisher as well as a tattoo maker known the world over until he was contacted by Christian Audigier wholesale cheap Ed hardy handbags in the year 2004 to start on a new line of clothes. Known as the Ed hardy clothes line, Don Hardy had the talent in wholesale cheap Ed hardy jackets him to bring forth a variety of attire that not only displayed his great skills in making tattoos but also exhibited why he was selected for a task hat most others failed to execute. The Ed hardy clothing line is the result of Ed hardy’s hard work and includes just about everything from clothes for men as well as women besides shoes,Ed hardy handbags and caps.
    The colors that are normally used in wholesale cheap Ed hardy clothes are luxuriant and bright, wholesale cheap Ed hardy t-shirt the tees are the work of an artist and the swimwear is imprinted with a generous measure of tattoo designs while the sunglasses and caps come along with an onslaught of drawings which could wholesale cheap Ed hardy jeans put even the best of designers a run for their money. In other words, the Ed hardy Clothing Line is a great piece of artistic work which definitely stands out from the rest of the crowd.jdfla45435w3.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don Hardy was a distinguished writer, painter, publisher as well as a tattoo maker known the world over until he was contacted by Christian Audigier wholesale cheap Ed hardy handbags in the year 2004 to start on a new line of clothes. Known as the Ed hardy clothes line, Don Hardy had the talent in wholesale cheap Ed hardy jackets him to bring forth a variety of attire that not only displayed his great skills in making tattoos but also exhibited why he was selected for a task hat most others failed to execute. The Ed hardy clothing line is the result of Ed hardy’s hard work and includes just about everything from clothes for men as well as women besides shoes,Ed hardy handbags and caps.
    The colors that are normally used in wholesale cheap Ed hardy clothes are luxuriant and bright, wholesale cheap Ed hardy t-shirt the tees are the work of an artist and the swimwear is imprinted with a generous measure of tattoo designs while the sunglasses and caps come along with an onslaught of drawings which could wholesale cheap Ed hardy jeans put even the best of designers a run for their money. In other words, the Ed hardy Clothing Line is a great piece of artistic work which definitely stands out from the rest of the crowd.jdfla45435w3.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for checking out my blog, Take Me Out to the Runway! I appreciate any feedback you can give me, and I enjoy reading each and every one of your comments. I will do my very best to respond to all of them!