Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Land of Grids and Graphics ...

"I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes. I had one thousand and sixty." - Imelda Marcos (widower of former dictator Ferdinand Marcos, and influencial political figure in the Phillipines; b. July 2, 1929)

Quickly emerging in the world of fashion is graphic patterned clothing. Seen recently on the runway and on popular celebrities, this black and white trend has been spotted more times than a dalmation. Below, Mandy Moore is photographed in a grid-patterned polka dot dress.



This week, I've got a ton of graphic pieces to show you. I'll start off with a popular favorite, clothes. Alexander McQueen's Gabardine Trench Coat is perfect for cooler days, priced at $805. I've got to say, I've been loving Alexander lately. I'm dying to get a few pieces by him! This black and white striped coat would be an excellent addition to my closet ...



Another one of my favorites is the Dries van Noten Checkered Cotton Dress. Going for $1,650, this fierce dress begs to be worn with a pair of sky-high stilettos.



Ane Leman's Rayon Jersey Dress is a classic beauty meant for any occasion. Pick it up for $230.



Last but certainly not least in the clothing department is Narciso Rodriguez's Cotton Toile Skirt. I'm absolutely crazy about this skirt; it has one of the best grid patterns I've ever seen. Like it? Get it for $950.



Now, what outfit is complete without a killer pair of shoes? And killer indeed are Viktor & Rolf's Leather Platforms. At $1,100, these sexy striped shoes are sure to dazzle.



Manolo Blahnik's Pony-Hair Sandals are simply amazing. The top mesh makes for an interesting addition to the shoe, and you can never go wrong with a peep-toe! Get your own pair for $945.



Out of these, Ruthie Davis' Bolt-Detail Patent Leather Platforms are my very favorite. The heel is out of this world, and I love the white square pattern! ($1,075)



So far, I don't believe I've featured any jewelry on Take Me Out to the Runway. It's ironic, since I'm a huge jewelry junkie! One of my favorite pieces I found was the Yves Saint Laurent Metal Cage Necklace ($995). It's such a cool idea for a piece of jewelry; I'm just dying to wear it with a low cut top!



Maison Martin Margiela's Brass Bracelet ($595) is a unique bangle sure to make a statement. I don't know about you, but I have never seen a cooler bracelet than this. Props to the designer!



Another piece by Dries van Noten caught my eye: the Beaded Silk and Leather Clutch. Priced at $810, this simple clutch is the perfect item to dress up or dress down, depending on the occasion.



Want to take part in this new trend, but for a cheaper price? Try Urban Outfitter's Ecote Poplin Printed Frock Dress. For the reasonable price of only $48, this dress is just as beautiful as the rest.



Today marks yet another first for Take Me Out to the Runway. Until now, I have never chosen a purse for my Pick-Of-The-Day. I'm sure when you see the Chanel Leather and Metal Clutch, you'll agree with me 100%! Introducing, my Pick-Of-The-Day:

Pick of the Day:


Chanel Leather and Metal Clutch

$1,695 on www.chanel.com


As always, it has been a pleasure to update you on today's fashion tip: graphics are certainly photographic! Check back soon for a new post!

2 comments:

  1. I actually have that Chanel Clutch stored away in my "I NEED THIS" folder on my desktop.....sooooo pretty!!! I also love that Dries Van Noten Dress :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE all those shoes!! They are so so hot!
    http://fab.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for checking out my blog, Take Me Out to the Runway! I appreciate any feedback you can give me, and I enjoy reading each and every one of your comments. I will do my very best to respond to all of them!