Sunday, February 1, 2009

"Bow" My Gosh!

"I don't design clothes. I design dreams." - Ralph Lauren (American fashion designer and business executive; b. October 14, 1939)

Spring is almost here, and you know what that means ... brand new trends just waiting to be discovered! Luckily, we don't have to wait til those good old days of March for them to pop up: they're already beginning to arrive. As is the case for one of the season's newest trends, big bows. Seen on celebrities such as Christina Aguilera, Jenna Fischer, and Victoria Beckham, oversized bows are bringing a feminine spin to the red carpet.


Credits go to theinsider.com and trendmill.com for these photographs of our lovely celebs. Not into the dresses so much? Have no fear; big-bowed accessories are also very in. I'll showcase a little bit of both in today's blog. For a pretty party dress, try Betsey Johnson's blush ombre taffeta bow dress, priced at $189.99 from bluefly.com. I'm loving the blush pink, iridescent color, myself. What do you think?







For a slightly fancier alternative, try eDressMe new york's White Taffeta Cocktail Dress. Complete with a bubble hem, this pure white beauty will make everyone jealous! It's a steal at only $275.00.



For a price downgrade, check out Charlotte Russe's Satin Bow Tie Dress in green. Priced at only $34.99, you're sure to turn heads in this elegant, silk dress.




Now, for the accessories. Michael Kors has come out with the Big Bow Clutch in purple, priced at $395. I love it! The color is so pretty, and it's fit to perfectly compliment any outfit.





Try the Black Gossip Girl Bow Headband, priced at $58.00 at shopkitson.com. It's 1.75 inches wide, and made of pure satin. I wish I was a Gossip Girl ... they get all the best clothes and accessories.





And of course, what outfit would be complete without shoes? Luckily for you, I've found a few pairs that will just make you scream "'Bow' My Gosh!" In the case of Tory Burch's "Larter" Bow Heels, I think I'll be yelling it a few more times than once. They're just dazzling, from the jewel detailing, to the shimmery black color ... I'm in love. Get them from bloomingdales.com for $395.00.

GUESS has also picked up the spring's latest trend, showcasing it in their "Syria" Leather Pumps. Shown also at bloomingdales.com, these lovely coral-colored heels are priced at just $110.



Me personally? I like fun-colored heels the best. If you're like me, you'll love Nordstom's "Monika" Pump. The cork base accents the color nicely, and I just adore the overall style of the shoe. Also in the colors of black and brown satin, these pumps are bargain-priced at only $69.95.






By far, big bows have been my favorite trend to research thus far. There's just so many choices and different ways to express your own personal style! In celebration of springtime, today's Pick of the Day will be none other than a sundress! Donna Karan's Bow-Front Sundress is simply gorgeous; its flowing material is flattering and overall, just breathtaking. Although it's pricey, this sundress is definately something I'd splurge on! Donna Karan is yet again showcasing her amazing talent, and she is quickly becoming one of my favorite designers.


Pick of the Day:

Donna Karan
Bow-Front Sundress
$2,495.00 on http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/

I hope you all have enjoyed this post as much as I did! As always, it's been a pleasure to update you on today's fashion tip: go big bows! Check back soon for a new post!

1 comment:

  1. Bows are BY FAR my fave trend of this season (and last!). That's a cute headband, but Forever 21 has similar ones for way cheaper, if you're actually thinking of getting one :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for checking out my blog, Take Me Out to the Runway! I appreciate any feedback you can give me, and I enjoy reading each and every one of your comments. I will do my very best to respond to all of them!