Today is January 18th, 2010. It is a Monday, a cold December Monday, and as I sit here typing this, I feel as if I'm in a dream. Why? Because exactly one year ago yesterday I was blog-less. And one year ago today I made a life-changing decision, and easily the best one of my life. I started this blog, Take Me Out to the Runway.
Some pretty amazing things have happened to me this past year. First and foremost, I found a way to channel my love of fashion and writing in one place. That's right ... here. Secondly, I figured out that people actually enjoy reading what I write about. I never would have thought one simple comment on one of my posts could mean so much, but they truly do. Thank you, everyone, for bringing a smile to my face with each and every comment you leave. This year, I was also contacted by many companies offering various giveaways and perks. I can tell you, nothing in my life excited me more than the first email I recieved from a company offering to sponser a giveaway on my blog. My little blog, the very blog that I thought no one read outside the tight circle of my friends and family members. Soon enough, I was recieving more and more of these offers, and Take Me Out to the Runway's popularity grew. I went from no followers to 12 via Bloglovin', 92 via Facebook, and 116 via Google's Friend Connect. That's 220 followers that have signed up to get notified every time I write something new. That's 220 new friends I've made through my blog, hundreds of new blogs I've discovered that I read daily, and dozens of people with whom I trade comments with post-by-post. I still can't believe how one boring afternoon translated into a website that recieves thousands of hits. It's unreal, and I could not be happier.
This year, I want to set a few goals. Some might be a little far-fetched (okay ... a lot far-fetched), but I figure I might as well put them down anyway. Who knows what could happen!
* Although I'm always saying this, I would like to put aside the time to write a few more blog posts a week. For real this time!
* I would like to graduate next year and go to my dream college, Boston University. There, I want to major in journalism so I can pursue the career I've always wanted: writing for a fashion magazine.
* I would like to write a blog post so good, it's featured in multiple places. I'm not sure what it would be about, but it's always feels good to be recognized!
* I want Alexander McQueen to design me a unique pair of shoes. What ... a girl can dream!
* I want to get a huge inspiration board to put in my room so I can clear out some computer space. It would be much easier if all of my thoughts were in one accessible place!
* I want to publish an article in something a bit more extravagant than my school newspaper. Of course, it's always fun to see my work in The Rampage, but I want to get my name out to the world!
* Lastly, I want to get an internship with a fashion magazine. What better way to get my foot through the fashion door than to work for the creators of that beautiful montly creation!
I apologize that my writing skills aren't as witty and up to par as usual tonight. As usual, I planned an exuberant post full of fun-filled activities (kidding), and as usual, I left it til the last minute. So, here I am, attempting to write while watching the television and shivering under a blanket. I suppose I need to add "no procrastinating" to my list of goals! Well, Happy One Year Blog-iversary to Take Me Out to the Runway! It's been a great one, and I hope there will be many more to come!