Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Golden Rule ...

"I wish I had invented blue jeans. They have expression, modesty, sex appeal, simplicity - all I hope for in my clothes." - Yves Saint Laurent (French fashion designer, considered one of the greatest figures in French fashion in the 20th century; b. August 1, 1936 - June 1, 2008)

Gold; a precious metal that has been in high demand since the beginning of written history. Its luxurious qualities have captivated us, drawn us in ... inspiring some of the greatest pieces of art and jewelry of all time. Now, in modern times, gold isn't only craved in metal-form. The color entices us all the same. As is the case, according to Vogue magazine, for this season. Add some gold, and your entire look will achieve that air of royalty you've been craving. As always, our favorite celebrities are on top of the trend, sporting more gold than a jewelry store. From left to right, Maggie Grace, Nicole Kidman, and Molly Sims.



Wish to be clothed like a queen? Try Diane von Furstenberg's Chefly Sequin Blazer, priced at $795. I honestly think this is the most gorgeous blazer I have ever seen, and I'd buy it in a second.



If you wish to keep it a bit more simple, DKNY's Sequin Silk Cashmere Sweater might be just the item for you. It goes for $445 at most department stores.



For an absolutely amazing pump, try Prada's Lace-Up Sandal. I love the design of this shoe! It ties in all the right places, and it's so versatile; you could wear them casually during the day, or with a more flashy outfit for the night. All in all, just a breathtaking shoe.



When I stumbled upon Marc Jacobs' Star Open-Toe Pump, I was so excited! It's such a different and unique shoe, all the while still cute and contemporary. The star cutouts are just perfect, and there's something about the heel that I just can't keep my eyes off of! Get them for $530.



Ralph Lauren's Metallic Python Bag completes any outfit. The texture is so cool, and I love the overall design. Way to go, Ralph! You never let us down!



For another gold bag choice, try Salvatore Ferragamo's Metallic Leather Handbag for $1,350. The handle is the best part, don't you think?



Now, I don't know about you, but I'm loving cut-out booties this year. They're another extremely versatile piece, for you could pair them with tights during the winter or just wear them bare-foot during the spring and summer months. Wet Seal showcases a very reasonably priced pair for only $32.50. And gold, too! Killing two birds with one stone, you could say!



Urban Outfitters has also jumped straight into the "Gold Scene", producing the Andersen & Lauth Empire Waist Dress. Also at a cheap price, this $34.99 dress is sure to make heads turn!



I really loved doing research for this post. There's just so many cool gold pieces! My very favorite, by a mile, was Nicholas Kirkwood's Exclusive Platforms. I could sum up my thoughts on these sling-back pumps in one word: spectacular. The buckles are such a good addition to an overall amazing shade of gold. I'm already imagining millions of outfits that they would compliment!

Pick of the Day:


Nicholas Kirkwood Exclusive Platforms

$665 on www.brownsfashion.com


I hope you've enjoyed my post as much as I have! It's been a pleasure to update you on today's fashion tip: always abide by the golden rule! Check back soon for new posts!

7 comments:

  1. prada was just sooo beautiful. the gold looked like liquid. amazing.

    alicexinwonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god the Nicholas Kirkwood platforms are unbelievable. I am speechless. I WANT. And, what type of laptop do you have?! I've never seen one quite like mine!

    -Sophie (http://bonjourmodele.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the DVF blazer, altho I could never pull it off. http://isnotfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving all this gold--can't get enough of it! (and a special hello to those gorgeous kirkwoods...YUM). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the marc jacobs shoes, and that quote by yves is fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou for your comment! xox



    I absolutly love the way your page is set up!
    GOLD is definatly colour of the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks syndie! i love the urban dress i'd wear it everywhere!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for checking out my blog, Take Me Out to the Runway! I appreciate any feedback you can give me, and I enjoy reading each and every one of your comments. I will do my very best to respond to all of them!